At Parent Toolkit, we are all about supporting our children. You’ve been with us during the launch of our new Life after High School section, and now join us as we explore the topic in greater depth with “Education Nation Boston: Build the Future.” This important conversation about the issues facing young adults after high school will be streamed live from Boston on Tuesday, October 11th, and feature advice and tips from national experts, regional officials, and local community members. The six panel discussions moderated by NBC News Chief Education Correspondent Rehema Ellis will cover how we can help the next generation realize its potential, while supporting students with the tools necessary to succeed. Click here to learn more about panel discussions.
How to watch:
- The event will be broadcasted live on NECN from 6—8PM and on NBC Boston from 7—8PM.
- Not in New England? No problem! Watch the livestream from 6—8PM at EducationNation.com, or on the NBC News Apple TV, Amazon Fire, or Roku apps.
How to get involved:
- We’ll be live-tweeting the entire event from @EducationNation and we want to hear from you! Join the conversation with the hashtag #BuildTheFuture and tell us what you think.
- Check NBC News’ Snapchat account, as we’re taking it over to highlight some inspiring youth stories.
- Join us on Facebook Live Tuesday night at 6pm as we talk to one of the Build the Future panelists about her innovative program teaching students “soft skills.” Follow Education Nation’s Facebook page for pop-up live chats, and more youth stories.
Don’t watch alone!
Get your friends and family together for a watch party in your community. Share photos of your watch party for a chance to be featured in the broadcast!
“Build The Future” is produced by NBC News Education Nation in partnership with NBC Boston and NECN. It is presented as part of the Kennedy Library Forum series, and is supported by lead sponsor Pearson and supporting sponsors The Boston Foundation, Chevron, GE, The Lynch Foundation, and the Nellie Mae Education Foundation. Knowledge partners for Build the Future include America’s Promise Alliance, The John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum, MENTOR, and Sociedad Latina.